From cats and dogs to horses and exotic animals, CompreCare can design formulations specific to your special pet. Your pets deserve compassionate and caring treatment that will allow them to continue to be happy and healthy. As many of us already know, pets can be very tricky when it comes to administering medications. We offer special dosage forms such as transdermal gels, creams, ointments, flavored treats and suspensions.
We work with your pet’s veterinarian to design the best approach to not only treat your pet’s ailment but to also make the process easy for you and your pet!
We can make formulations designed for a variety of animals including but not limited to:
Common Compounds for Animals:
We use formulas tested by Pharmacy Compounding Centers of America (PCCA). We can also customize preparations specific to your patients. Listed below are some example formulations that may be subject to change.
For dogs with behavioral issues due to separation anxiety, thunderstorms, fireworks or loud noises:
- Fluoxetine 10 mg/mL Oral Suspension (Vet)
- Clomipramine HCl 5 mg/mL Oil Oral Suspension (Vet)
For dogs with seizures:
- Potassium Bromide 500 mg/mL Oral Solution (Vet)
- Levetiracetam 100 mg/mL Oil Oral Suspension (Vet)
For dogs with acral lick granuloma:
- Diphenhydramine HCl 2% Polyox Bandage (Vet)
- Diphenhydramine HCl 2% Topical Gel (Vet)
For cats with hyperthyroidism:
- Methimazole 2.5 mg/0.1 Gm to 10 mg/0.1 Gm Topical Lipoderm®
For cats with urine spraying behavior:
- Amitriptyline 20 mg/mL Oil Oral Suspension (Vet)
- Amitriptyline HCl 5 mg/0.1 mL Topical Lipoderm® (Vet)
For cats with chronic renal failure:
- Calcitriol 10 NG/0.2 mL Oil Oral Solution (Vet)
For horses with pain or soreness:
- Benzocaine 2%/Camphor 0.5%/Menthol 0.5% Topical Gel (ZoSil™) (Equine)
For horses with itching or dermatological inflammation:
- Tranilast 1% Anhydrous Topical Spray (PracaSil®-Plus) (Vet)
How to place an order?
CompreCare can accept electronic prescriptions as well as original prescriptions through the mail. Faxed prescriptions must come from your physician’s office only. CompreCare will verify all new controlled substance prescriptions with your physician’s office for validity.
We look forward to servicing all of your prescription medication needs in a fast and friendly way! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us at 1-888-644-8326.