Hospice compounding is pharmaceutical compounding with specific end-of-life care in mind. Hospice compounding can improve overall quality of life for patients who are experiencing uncomfortable conditions that often accompany bed confinement and terminal illness. Pain is especially common among hospice patients.
Pain isn’t the only commonly treated hospice condition. Compounded pharmaceuticals can be produced to alleviate a variety of conditions, including bedsores, digestive disorders, dry mouth and mental health problems like anxiety and depression.
Commonly treated hospice conditions
- Agitation, delirium and restlessness
- Anxiety & Depression
- Dry and sore mouth
- Mucositis and proctitis
- Nausea/ Vomiting
- Pain Management
Common Compounds for Hospice/Palliative care:
We use formulas tested by Pharmacy Compounding Centers of America (PCCA). We can also customize preparations specific to your patients. Listed below are some example formulations that may be subject to change.
For dry mouth:
- Xylitol 10%/Beta Glucan 0.5%/Olive Oil 2% Oral Rinse (MucoLox™)
- Pilocarpine HCl 10 mg/mL Oral Drops (MucoLox™)
For bed sores:
- Phenytoin 5%/Misoprostol 0.0024%/Nifedipine 2% in Spira-Wash™
For patients with excessive secretions:
- Glycopyrrolate 2% Topical Spray (RheoSpray™)
For patients with adult “diaper” rash:
- Cholestyramine 5%/Mupirocin 0.5%/Miconazole Nitrate 0.5% Topical Ointment
For patients needing oral suspensions:
- Ibuprofen 400 mg/5 mL Oral Suspension
- Omeprazole 5 mg/mL Oral Suspension
- Ranitidine 30 mg/mL Oral Suspension
For patients with oral mucositis pain:
- Misoprostol 0.0024%/Diphenhydramine HCl 0.1%/Lidocaine HCl 1% Oral Rinse (MucoLox™)
- Lidocaine HCl 2% Oral Rinse (MucoLox™
For nausea & vomiting:
- Promethazine HCl 12.5 mg/Gm to 25 mg/Gm Topical Lipoderm®
- Ondansetron 4 mg/5 mL Oral Suspension
How to place an order?
CompreCare can accept electronic prescriptions as well as original prescriptions through the mail. Faxed prescriptions must come from your physician’s office only. CompreCare will verify all new controlled substance prescriptions with your physician’s office for validity.
We look forward to servicing all of your prescription medication needs in a fast and friendly way! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us at 1-888-644-8326.